It is with great joy that we will be able to open Masses to the public beginning on May 30th. Please read all of the following information so that you will be better prepared for all that our reopening involves.
Below you will see:
- Welcome Home message from Fr. Finelli
- Volunteers Needed
- Elderly & Infirm
- Parish Directives for Reopening Safely
- Temporary Mass Schedule
- Office Hours
- Bishop Tobin’s Message to the Faithful of the Diocese of Providence
- What to expect when you return to Mass
- Pictures and posters for reopening
As a result of COVID-19 and per instructions from Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, please see all the guidelines for your safe return to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the Sacraments at Holy Ghost Church. These guidelines are mandatory and must be followed by all parishioners. The complete set of guidelines are posted at the doors of the church and on the back page of the propers for each Mass.
While we are committed to doing our best to keep Holy Ghost Church safe and clean, we cannot guarantee that you will not get exposed to COVID-19. If you feel at all uncomfortable, we understand, and suggest that you continue to watch Mass live on-line at Fr. Finelli’s YouTube channel www.iPadre.TV. We will save you a seat for when you feel comfortable returning to in-person Mass.
Anyone who attends Holy Ghost Church acknowledges that he/she has read these directives and the guidelines, agrees to comply with them, and voluntarily assumes the risk of exposure to COVID-19 – – despite all our best efforts to keep our parishioners and guests safe.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
God bless you all,
Fr. Jay Finelli, Pastor
Holy Ghost Church
For this to be successful, we will need a number of volunteers before and after all Sunday Masses. Please call the parish office let us know what Mass time(s) you will be available.
Elderly & Infirm
Many of our parishioners do not have computers, nor do they have access to the internet. Please share these directives with them. Let the elderly and those with health issues know the Mass dispensation continues until further notice.
Parish Directives for Reopening Safely
- Bishop Tobin has extended his dispensation from Sunday Mass obligation and Holy Day Mass obligation until further notice.
- Those who are sick, or think they may be sick or think they may have come in contact with someone with COVID-19 or have travelled outside the country or State (other than for work) MUST STAY HOME, but may return to Mass after 2 weeks of self-isolation or 2 weeks after they have no more symptoms.
- All public Masses and devotions will be held in the main church until further notice.
- Attendance at Mass will be limited to First Come, First Serve basis.
- Entrance will be via the back door near the rectory. Please form a line maintaining proper 6 ft. Social distance, which will be makes off outside the entrance.
- Upon entry to the Church an usher, designated by a badge, will direct you to a designated pew. People in the same household may stay together.
- Upon entry to the Church and before you pick up the Church bulletin or paper copy of the readings, etc., you must sanitize your hands with sanitizer provided at the door.
- All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a wear a mask or other cloth face covering that covers their nose and mouth. Exceptions will be considered for people with health reasons.
- Singing will be limited. All books have been removed from the pews. If you would like to purchase your own hand Missal, please call the parish office.
- Budget envelopes may be placed in the receptacle before or after Mass. There will be no passing of the basket.
- Please wear a sweater, windows are to remain open during all Masses.
- Please follow directives listed here and any additional given by parish personal.
- While in Church, avoid ALL personal contact. Please do not congregate before or after Mass. Leave in an orderly manner not crowding the entrances. Return immediately to your cars.
- The church will remain open on Sunday until 5:00 pm so that you may return to pray.
- Review all of the guidelines and directive from the Diocese which can be found on the church website, www.HolyGhostCC.org, and in our weekly bulletin.
Temporary Mass Schedule
For the latest schedule, please go to the main page and review recent posts. (7/25/2020)
Beginning May 30th until further notice
Sunday Mass Schedule
- 4:30 pm – Mass of Anticipation
- 7:30 am, 9:00 am (Latin), 11:00 am
Weekday Mass Schedule
- 7:00 am – Mon., Tue., Thur., & Fri.
- 8:00 pm – Wed. (Latin) [following Adoration and Father’s day off]
- 9:00 am – Every Sat. (1st Sat. Latin)
- Until further notice!
Mass & Adoration remain in church.
The Parish Office remains open with our regular hours:
- Monday thru Thursday: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
- BY TELEPHONE ONLY
- NO personal visits please!