The Knights of Divine Mercy was founded in 2006 by Fr. Richard Heilman, a priest of the Diocese of Madison. Fr. Heilman is pastor of St. Mary’s in Pine Bluff, Wisconsin.
The purpose of the Knights of Divine Mercy is to help men grow in “spiritual strength” and give them all the tools they need in today’s world to respond to God’s call to holiness. As the Church has taught throughout the ages that all people, regardless of age or state of life are called to become saints. “He who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, ‘You shall be holy, for I am holy.'” 1 Peter 1:;15-16
Our meetings are held from September thru May on the 1st Friday (with exceptions). Each month is built around prayer, instruction, and fellowship.
Order of our meetings:
- 5:00 pm – Low Mass
- Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- Rosary & Divine Mercy Chaplet while Confession are being heard
- Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
- Food and Fellowship in the church hall
- September 3 – Fr. Ryan Simas “Men Admit They’re Wrong: A Teaching on Justice, Mercy and the Sacrament of Confession”
- October 9 – Joint Day of Recollection with the Ladies of Divine Mercy – Fr. Pio Mandato
- November 12 – Fr. Robert Lacombe – Topic to be decided
- December 3 – Colonel Mike Manning – “A Different Kind of War Story”
- January 7 – Michael Santos – “Heaven Before Death: A Discussion on the Three Ages of the Interior Life”
- February 4 – Fr. Mike Najim – “Topic coming”
- March 4 – Fr. Chris Murphy – “Topic coming”
- April 1 –
- May 6
- No meetings during the summer, they resume in September
2020 Schedule: (Much of our schedule was curtailed due to the pandemic)
- January 24 – Fr. Jay Finelli (“Walking In the Footsteps of Our Lord” Combined with the Ladies of Divine Mercy)
- February 7 – Fr. Patrick Mary Briscoe, O.P. – Spiritual Warfare
- March 6 – (Lent) 5:00 pm Low Mass, 6:30 pm Stations of the Cross
* Note: Please be aware, a few days are NOT 1st Friday.
2019 Schedule: (Select the speaker for details)
- September 12 – Fr. Francis Santilli “Be Holy, For I, Your Lord, Am Holy!”
- October 4 – Fr. Giacomo Capoverdi “For my Flesh is true food and my Blood is true drink”
- November 22 – Fr. Chris Peschel “John Henry Newman, a 19th century saint for a 21st century Church”
- December 6 – Fr. Nicholas Fleming “Marriage, the ideal: why the vows matter”
Women, consider joining the Ladies of Divine Mercy!