The RCIA (the Rite of Catholic Initiation of Adults) is a process of religious education and deepening of faith. It is not meant to be a serious of lessons alone. RCIA should be a time of soul searching, prayer and entering more deeply in the the life of the Catholic Church. This program is for non-Catholics who would like to investigate the Catholic Church. It is for people who have not been fully initiated into the life of the Church and it is for non-Baptized who, being moved by God’s grace, desire to enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church.Why would I want to enter the RCIA?
- You have a desire for a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You want a deeper understanding of the Catholic Faith.
- You are are searching for more in life.
Those who enter into RCIA, should
- participate in the Liturgy by attending Mass every Sunday and Holy Day *
- enter into parish life, by becoming part of the parish family (eg.attend and help at parish events)
* Those who are not Catholic, who have not received First Communion or are not living in a state of grace, should come to pray with the parish community every Sunday and on Holy Days. However, they should refrain from receiving the Holy Eucharist until they have been properly prepared.Those who enter RCIA are not alone. We are all on a journey of faith and will continue until we reach our ultimate goal – eternal life with God forever.
- The following are some of the topics we will cover:
- Tour of the Church
- Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition
- Who is Jesus?
- The Church
- The Sacrament of Baptism
- The Sacrament of Penance
- The Sacrament of Holy Eucharist
- The Sacrament of Confirmation
- The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- The Sacrament of Holy Matrimony
- The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick
- Catholic Morality
- The Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- Sacramentals & Indulgences
- The Virgin Mary and the Saints
For more information on R.C.I.A., please contact the Parish Office, at (401) 624-8131.