Enthronement of the Sacred Heart is a solemn act of placing Jesus Christ at the center of the family. There is a solemn ceremony inviting Jesus to be Lord and inviting Him to care for, protect and lead the family in His love. The Home Enthronement is not so kind of sentimental ceremony, where a picture (or statue) of the Sacred Heart is place in the home and forgotten. Enthronement is a call and pledge to a way of life, it is a renewal and embracing of the Baptismal vows. At the same time, there are the promises of Our Lord to all those who adore His image and live His call.
Enthronement is organized by the IHM Women’s Guild. To have your home (office, school, etc..) enthroned, contact the rectory office, or eMail the pastor.
The ceremony is two fold. A statue of the Immaculate Heart of Mary comes to the home with prayer and song. The family is encouraged to have prayer for a short time each day. After 6 days, the statue of Mary Leaves and the statue of the Sacred Heart arrives. At the end of the three days, the ceremony of enthronement is celebrated.
In His visions to St. Margaret Mary, Jesus gave 12 promises to all of those who have devotion to His Sacred Heart and enthrone Him in their home, apartment, business, church, etc…
The 12 promises given to St. Margaret Mary:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
- I promise thee in the excess of the mercy of My Heart, that its all-powerful Love will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of Nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving the Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.