“Masses throughout the Diocese of Providence will continue to be offered at this time. However, in light of the serious health crisis caused by the coronavirus, the Diocesan Bishop hereby dispenses Catholics in the Diocese of Providence from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass beginning immediately and continuing through Sunday, March 29, 2020. Members of the faithful who are sixty-years of age or older, particularly those with underlying health conditions, are especially encouraged to take advantage of this dispensation.”
Masses at Holy Ghost remain the same
- 4:30 pm (Saturday Mass of Anticipation)
- 7:30 am
- 9:00 am (Missa Cantata)
- 10:30 am
- Holy Water fonts have been emptied. Father sprinkle everyone with Holy Water before Mass begins.
- Keep a little bottle in your pocket, or bag to bless yourself.
- If you are sick, please stay home
- If you sneeze or cough, do it in your elbow
- Do not touch others. (No sign of peace, no hand holding during the Lord’s Prayer…)
- Spread out in the church
- Father will not great or shake hands before or after Masses
- Communion will be given on the tongue or the hand.
- Tongue: stick out your tongue slightly, don’t move forward, don’t move your Tongue.
- Hand: don’t make a cup, hold you hands flat, don’t touch the priest’s hand. Remember, you have touched doors, books, pews, cell phones, keys. Hands are dirty, don’t spread germs.
- Coffee hour is cancelled
- Wash your hands frequently and use and antibacterial
Weekday Masses and Adoration are in the church.